M-F: 9:00AM–6:00PM (832) 533-2228

Permanent Resident Status US and more

united states immigration services green card holder

lawful permanent residence immigration

Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Resident Status (LPR)

Adjustment of status is the process that you can use to apply for lawful permanent resident status (otherwise called applying for/ obtaining a Green Card) when you are available in the United States. This implies you may get a permanent resident card without coming back to your home country to finish visa handling. In case that you are outside of the United States, you should get your visa abroad through consular handling. Herrera Law Firm has years of expirience in US immigration laws for green card holders and will make the process of adjustment of status easy and painless.

Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

All U.S. have to check to make sure all their employees, despite of of citizenship or nationality, are permitted to live and work in the United States. Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is one approach to demonstrate that you are allowed to in the United States for a time period.

Travel Documents

USCIS issues four types of travel documents:

  • Reentry Permit A reentry permit lets a permanent resident to enter the US from being abroad while permit is valid (not expired) without the requirement to recieve a returning resident visa from a U.S. Embassy or consulate.
  • Carrier documentation permits a transportation carrier or an airline to board permanent residents who have been abroad temporarily and whose Green Card or has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
  • Advance parole permits an individual to travel back to the US without filing for a visa. Airlines might choose to accept an it instead of a visa as your to enter the United States. Please note, an advance parole document does not replace your passport.
  • Refugee Travel Document is  given to an individual classified as a refugee or asylee, or to a permanent resident who obtained his or her legal permanent residence status in the United States. People who hold refugee status and are not green card holders have show a refugee to enter US after temporary travel abroad.

Consular Processing

Once your immigrant petition is approved and an immigrant visa number is available to you, there are two aproaches to apply for lawful permanent resident status (a Green Card). while an individual is outside of the United States, he or she can file at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to enter the United States as permanent resident. This pathway is referred to as consular processing.
If you are currently in the United States, you can file for permanent resident status without having to return to your country of origin to finish handling. This process is called adjustment of status. Hector Herrera is the best attorney for immigration human rights, green card holders and visa applications. He can help you through immigration process with no complications.

Requests for Evidence (RFE) Responses

More and more are being issued for many types of immigration petitions filed with USCIS. Our law office helps individuals and employers gather the documents to present to USCIS in order to increase the probability of success in establishing an applicant’s eligibility for the benefit sought.

Changes of Status within the U.S.

If you wish to the purpose of your visit while you are in the United States, you or your employer have to file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your expires. For example, if you arrived here as a tourist but would like to remain in the United State to become a student, you have to apply to changes your status. We recommend that you file the petition as soon as you find out that you need to change to a different nonimmigrant category.

Extension of Status within the U.S.

If you would like to extend your stay in the US, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your . If you stay in the US longer than you are authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be deported from the United States. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your . We suggest that you file for extending your stay at least 45 days before expiration.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Important information: Due to government court orders, USCIS has resumed accepting to renew a grant of . US citizenship and immigration services is not allowing from people who was never granted deferred action. Until further notice, and unless otherwise provided in this guidance, the policy will be operated on the terms in place before it was rescinded on Sept. 5, 2017.

Additional Resources:

  • Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) Status

  • Work Permits (EAD)

  • Travel Document

  • Re-entry Permits

  • Changes of Status within the U.S.

  • of Status within the U.S.

  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

  • for Evidence (RFE) Responses